“AN INCLUSIVE ECONOMY THROUGH SUSTAINABLE INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT.
“TO IMPROVE THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE OF KWAZULU-NATAL THROUGH SUSTAINABLE INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT.”
In the implementation of the Annual Performance Plan, the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Public Works will be guided by the following values:
We all share ideas and information freely and promote a culture of openness and transparency in all our work.
We will facilitate access to information; always engage the communities and stakeholders in our decision making.
We will respect the views of others and seek to first understand and there is a better way to be monitored.
We will respect the views of others, seek to understand their opinions \s and open ourselves to monitoring.
We are dedicated to providing high quality, appropriate progression and timely responses for all our services
We will seek and embrace effective leadership, innovative solutions, creativity and support, orientation to change and progressive thought.
We will encourage effectiveness and reward efficiency and ingenuity.
We will treat all people with dignity, respect and fairness.
Our employees are our most valuable resource and we will invest in their growth.
Each employee’s contribution is essential to our collective success.
We will act with foresight to ensure the long term health and wellbeing of the community we serve.
We will seek a balanced approach to deliver on our mandate, programmes and services in an economically sound, environmentally sustainable and socially responsible way.
We will seek public trust by being honest, competent and consistent in our actions.
We will strive for the highest standards of moral and ethical conduct.
We will work together to achieve common goals
We will share information freely, and collaborate with our stakeholders and actively engage them in our decision making and initiatives.
We commit the Department staff and service providers to be accountable to the public and other stakeholders for services rendered and commitments made
This page provides information about the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Public Works’ website, including:
- Office of the Member of Executive Council (MEC) as in the current term of office
- Description of Services by all key offices namely, Office of the MEC; Head of Department; Office of the General Manager for Corporate Services; Office of the General Manager for Operations; Office of the General Manager for Property Management; Office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO); Offices of the Senior Regional Managers for eThekwini, Midlands, North Coast and Southern Regions including their respective District Offices.
The purpose of the website is to:
- Provide its target audience with ease of access to information about the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Public Works, its location, projects, programmes, activities and other information that may of essence to its audience
- Provide continued support and serve as platform for the citizenry to understand the mandate of the provincial administration
- Distribute as often as possible all government information, especially provincial information and in this case in particular more information on the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Public Works
- Continue to promote the image of the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Public Works and that of the Provincial Government and all other sphere of Government
The main target audiences of the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Public Works’ website are:
- The Public
- The Media
- The internal Publics
- National, Provincial and Local Government
- The international community